I’ve saved the best for last with my recent Japan trip blogs – Tokyo! My friend and I spent six days there in April, staying in a couple of different districts (details at the end of the blog), and had such an amazing time. Based on what my friends and I did, I’ve put together a little list for everyone:
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IN TOKYO
1. Head to the second level of Starbucks in Shibuya, order a coffee, and sit at the window watching the crowds at the famous Shibuya crossing (and tourists almost getting hit by cars trying to take funny photos).
2. Walk along the Meguro river during the cherry blossom (sakura) season at night, and have some drinks and street food with friends.
3. Visit a Cat Cafe. I went to Cat Cafe Calico in Shinjuku, according to Trip Advisor it was one of the best ones in Tokyo to visit. Exotic cats and coffee (or beer) – what’s not to love?
4. Order something from a vending machine without trying to figure out what it is based on the packaging. My friend Dave ordered what he thought was iced tea in a can, it turned out to be chicken soup.
5. Spend your last night in Tokyo drinking with friends in tiny bars in the Golden Gai area, and live your night like a sequel to The Hangover. Photos with people you meet in the bars are a must.
And now here’s some of my other photos from the trip. All photos were shot with my Nikon D800 and Nikon 35mm f1.8 or Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens. If you’d like to see more you can view them on my Flickr.