Back in April/May I visited Germany for the first time, and visited four cities in two weeks while I was there. Berlin was first up, where I spent six days – it was such an interesting city, every neighbourhood had a different vibe and style to it, completely different to Melbourne. It didn’t even matter that I couldn’t speak German, almost everyone there spoke English so it was easy!
All photos were shot with my Nikon D800 and Nikon 35mm f1.8 or Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens. If you’d like to see more you can view them on my Flickr.
My top 10 favourite places to visit in Berlin were:
1. Urban Spree – easily the best place I found to check out street art, I was wandering around this small area taking photos for two hours.
2. Private tour of the Gedenkstaette Berlin-Hohenschonhausen prison – this tour was fantastic, I would highly recommend it
3. Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district – lots of cool street art, cafes and music venues
4. Memorial To The Murdered Jews of Europe – a very moving memorial and museum
6. Oranienburgerstrasse – East Berlin neighbourhood with lots of artists and galleries
7. Spy museum – very interesting
8. Die Hackeschen Hofe – cool area for shops and street art
9. C/O Berlin Gallery – a must visit for anyone who appreciates photography
10. Spreepark – an abandoned theme park in the middle of Planterwald, a small forest. You can’t enter (unless you want to trespass), but it was really cool to see from outside the fence – there was even an old ferris wheel that was still turning.